Swiss Chard Potato Frittata
Cooking spray 1 -1/2 cups diced potatoes (about 1/2 pound or use frozen hash browns) 1 large onion, chopped 4 cups (about 6 ounces) coarsely chopped Swiss chard (stems and center ribs removed) 4 large eggs 4 large egg whites ½ tsp. salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese
1. Heat an 8- to 10-inch ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Preheat broiler.
2. Sauté onions until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes; set aside. In same skillet, sauté potatoes until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes; set aside. Add Swiss chard to skillet over medium heat, and cook about 6 to 8 minutes. Add cooking spray as needed.
3. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, salt, and pepper until frothy. Mix in onions, potatoes, and Swiss chard.
4. Heat skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat and pour egg mixture into pan. Cook covered 3 to 5 minutes or until set.
5. Spread cheese on frittata. Broil 3 to 5 minutes until browned.